The practice computer is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and strict confidentiality is maintained. All staff are bound by strict rules of confidentiality.
To download our Privacy Notice click here
The Protection And Use Of Information We Hold About You
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly. Please read our Privacy Notice carefully, as it contains important information about how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect on your behalf.
When we ask for information this is to enable us to give you the best health care and treatment.
We then keep this information, together with details of your care, because it may be needed if we see you again, and some of this we will need to pass on to others concerned with your care.
There are two specific occasions when we use your medical data, unless you wish us not to.
Summary Care Record (SCR)
If you decide to have a SCR, it will contain important information about any medicines you are taking, allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines that you have had. This does not include diagnosis or procedures.
Giving healthcare staff access to this information can prevent mistakes being made when caring for you in an emergency or when your GP practice is closed. Your Summary Care Record will also include your name, address, date of birth and your unique NHS Number to help identify you correctly. If you and your GP decide to include more information it can be added, but only with your express permission.
For more information: Please visit www.nhs.uk/my-data-choice
Hampshire Health Record (HHR)
The HHR is an electronic summary record for people living in Hampshire, Portsmouth and Southampton. GP Surgeries, hospitals, social care and Community Care teams collect information about you and store it electronically on seperate computer systems. The Hampshire Health Record stores summary information from these organisations in one place so that - with your consent - professionals can view it to deliver better care to you. This record contains more information than the SCR, but is only available to organisations in Hampshire.
For more information visit: www.hantshealthrecord.nhs.uk
There are other times when we may use some of this information, in an anonymised form (ie no patient names), for other reasons. These are, for example:
- To help us protect the health of the public
- The efficient running of the NHS, ie planning for the future
- Training staff
- Carrying out medical and other health research approved by the Local Research Ethics Committee
Sometimes the law requires us to pass on information, for example to notify a birth or death.
We would also like you to be aware that:
- If you should want your relatives or carers to be kept up to date with progress of your treatment please discuss this with the doctor or nurse delivering your care.
- The NHS Central Register for England and Wales contains basic personal details of all patients registered with a general practitioner.
- Everyone working for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential; anyone who receives information from us is also under a legal duty to keep it confidential.
- You have the right of access to your health records.
If at any time you would like to know more about how we use information about you please ask to speak to the practice manager.